A2 Vegan

A middle aged vegan living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a small mid-west college town.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tofu in Vegan Oyster Sauce and Dirty Rice Done My Way

This was an experiment that didn't quite work out. Either dish on it's own would have been good with something else but together...nah.



Dirty Rice Done My Way
is super simple and easy to make out of end of the week kitchen supplies. The Tofu in Vegan Oyster Sauce is beyond simple. Just saute cubes of chinese tofu until lightly browned then add a couple spoons of the oyster sauce and cover for a few minutes over low heat. I like to drizzle a little of the oyster sauce over the cubes when I serve it. Usually I serve the tofu with sauteed garlicy green beans or brocolli and plain rice. Next time that's what I'll do instead of the Dirty rice. Well ya live ya learn.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Anderson, Cherie said…

    That looks really good! :)

    It's been raining a lot here, too. And cold.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Anderson, Cherie said…

    That looks really good, Jane! I hope my post works, because I just tried to make it and the window disappeared.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home