A2 Vegan

A middle aged vegan living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a small mid-west college town.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Struggling

I am having one of those days struggling with my emotions. I go from being incredibly angry to just melting in tears. So far I haven't been able to find a home for Lacey. I love her so much that it is incredible to me that someone else wouldn't find her adorable and want her.

Someone asked me if I couldn't find a friend to take her in. That's a problem as my friends seem to have disapeared lately. It is common I am told. The ladies at the Nesting Place said that "Everyone sees themselves in you and it scares them." Well, the smart ass in me just goes "Well, their definately off my Christmas card list".

I quess I can understand why they are afraid. I never thought this would happen to me. I have supported myself since I was 16. I have never been without a job that enabled me to take care of myself. Although the jobs I have now are pretty low on the ladder compared to what I use to do it took me nearly 1 1/2 years to get them. It is that hard to find a job. To tell the truth I am enjoying waitressing....go figure. Just wish it paid more. I keep getting told that I need to be patient. "Wait till school starts. Then you will get more hours. Then we will be busier." Well maybe, it is a college town.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Melody said…

    I just read the last three posts here.. and I just want to offer you some support.... at least as much support as a person in NH can give you... *HUGS*.. it makes me so sad to know that you had to put your kitty to sleep.. (and I totally think that was the humane thing to do) and are struggling to find a home for Lacey...

    Keep your chin up... it's obvious that you are intelligent and very capable... it's a damn shame that your friends are afraid of your situation... and can't be there for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home