A2 Vegan

A middle aged vegan living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a small mid-west college town.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Moving On....

Quit at the market yesterday morning. One of the managers asked if there was anyway I would change my mind....not really. We talked over my reasons for leaving and I think he understood. I have cashiered at a lot of places and have never been short, well except for a time when a check jumped behind the drawer and got caught...but that got straightened out. I was just afraid that with this new store manager riding me and trying to find something wrong that I was bound to make a mistake. That and it really bothers me that he though I was rude to customers. If I had said something rude I really wish he had said something at the time so I would know what it was. Of course, he reported one of the other cashiers as rude because she said "Can I see your ID?" instead of "May I see your ID?"..... kind of pushing it there.

I hear from one of the cashiers at the major grocery chains on the next block that their getting a lot of the customers that used to shop at the market I just quit. Seems the customers are not happy with the changes either. Well, I quess we'll see what happens there in the long run. At least I am not part of the drama anymore.

The cashier at the major grocery chain is doing what she can to try to get me in there. I have my doubts but she says that it is union and I could get medical benefits. I could use the medical benefits.... don't have any right now. So we will see. In the meantime the diner is working me a lot more hours and the tips have been very good.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Roxy said…

    I'm glad you decided to quit the market, Jane. It sounds like it was turning into a bit of a miserable place to be :( And we want you to have lots of positives in your life right now! :)

    Roxy.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said…

    Hang in there!

    Rudeness is in the eye of the beholder, by the way. I fully doubt what is rude to that manager is truly rude as we all know it...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home